- President Obama’s Legacy
- WISR AS AN EXPERIMENTING COMMUNITY: NURTURING GROUPS, CIRCUMSTANCES AND SUBCULTURES FOR PROGRESSIVE SOCIAL CHANGE
- Let’s Give Thanks for the Occupy Movement—it’s holding a place in line for each of us, so we can all speak out.
- For Inquiring Activists! Latest Important News and Commentary in Search of Justice and Progressive Social Change
- Do you know about ALEC—the American Legislative Exchange Council? If not, why not? Why is it important to know about ALEC?
- President Obama’s Legacy on
- Do you know about ALEC—the American Legislative Exchange Council? If not, why not? Why is it important to know about ALEC? on
- No Representation Without Taxation–A Call To Action this July 4th! on
- Am I a commodity? Are you? Who is, and who isn’t? on
- Listening Eloquently to Lesser-Known Voices on
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Eli Pariser’s “Filter Bubble” and How the Internet May Stifle Our Curiosity Without Our Even Knowing It
Eli Pariser, former Executive Director of MoveOn and current President of their board, has recently written a book, The Filter Bubble: What the Internet Is Hiding from You, and has been speaking out about the book’s message of how search … Continue reading
The Criminalization of Question-Asking by Ethical, Responsible Professionals: Today, Pediatricians in Florida, Tomorrow?
Special interest groups are no longer relying on the corporate control of the mass media, alone, in order to limit and control public dialogue, question-asking, curiosity, inquiry and information sharing. Now, they are also securing passage of laws that make … Continue reading
Any discussion and deliberation about social and educational issues must seek out information from a variety of sources, question and critically examine that information, and think carefully and imaginatively about different ways of interpreting and making sense out of that … Continue reading
It’s the end of the weekend, and I just watched a really good movie with my 12 year old son. It’s a very good movie and the title is Good. [ http://goodthemovie.com/ ] It’s a story about how an ordinary, somewhat progressive … Continue reading
Last night, my wife, Janet, and I watched the film, The Tillman Story [ see also: http://tillmanstory.com/site/ ]. It’s an eye opening and moving story of either, at worst, government cover-up of a politically motivated pre-meditated murder, or, at the least, crass government and military efforts to falsify … Continue reading